ELO is a boutique Education company which offers English Study Tours for schools in Hong Kong and Asia. It has been operating for the past eight years. Although ELO worked with less than ten schools only, it was able to build a strong loyalty among the schools which have worked with them for many years.
ELO’s commitment to helping more students benefit from the study tours is what made the company turn to us, YGS. Though engaging the current school clients is one of its main marketing goals, it also wanted to acquire new client schools so they can offer the program to more students.
“ELO has always relied on our personal network and referrals, and this has given us some positive results and feedback. We had a positive return on every school that worked with us,” said Robert, CEO of ELO. “However, we realized it’s time to think about how we could scale and increase our profits by helping more students and schools.”
To scale up the client base, it was also essential that we get in touch with the senior management of the school such as the school principal, so they can invite us to tender.
“We needed to be in direct contact with the senior management as they are the true decision-makers. We also need to differentiate ourselves in early stages so that they feel that our program is superior and so that they will like our working style.” Robert said.
Since April 2017, we have helped ELO to gain 30% more client schools and 40% more students attended the study tour. We have:
- Researched over 800 school contacts via LinkedIn and Google
- Set up email marketing strategies to target decision makers
- Researched and wrote appealing email subject lines, enticing the client schools to click open the emails. This achieved 55% open rates, which is higher than the industry average
- Researched and wrote teaching-related email content, so it shows that ELO is superior to other programs and is an expert in the field
- Created a comprehensive 40-page report of our programs which attracts the school leaders
- Competitor research and positioning
- Investigation of their messaging on all offline and online marketing materials
- Past and present customer research
- Deep dive into ELO and their programs
- Identified the customers most likely to buy and created a targeted marketing strategy
- Identified and created FAQ page to reduce ELO’s time in answering the same questions
ELO has gained multiple school clients, and invitations to tender by multiple schools, including a top Band 1A schools. All of this plus they established contact with over 800 schools in Hong Kong within one year.